Historic Harmar Ghost Trek
Walking Route: Tour meets at the parking lot at corner of Putnam and Gilman. Gather group, welcome them to the tour and introduce yourself. Then walk towards the RR bridge. Send the walker to the RR bridge to welcome anyone who may be waiting there for the tour.
David Putnam House (optional): Local lore tells us that men from Fort Harmar began work on the house in 1792. It was completed in 1805 for David Putnam, the son of Colonel Israel Putnam (a cousin of Rufus Putnam, founder of Marietta). This building housed the first bank of the Northwest Territory and Ohio, chartered in 1808. David Putnam was a Yale graduate and director of Muskingum Academy which opened in 1800. During the Temperance Movement, he headed the Society for the Promotion of Good Morals and advocated to penalize public intoxication. His son David Putnam Jr. became well-known for operating an Underground RR station out of his home, with pro-slavery adherents threatening his life regularly. His son Douglas built the Anchorage Mansion and was known for being fair and kind to all, advocating for African American rights, as well as women’s equality. Seven generations of the Putnam family owned and lived in this Federal style house. It became an office building in the late 1980s.
Pattin House (optional) – The home was built for Douglas and Mary Pattin in 1899. Douglas, with his brother Winfield, owned and operated Pattin Brothers & Company, which specialized in steam pumps, oil well supplies and such. In 1899, the same year his house was completed, a brand new plant was built at the corner of Harmar and Market Street, which we will pass by later in the tour. That was a great time for Douglas, a brand new house, a successful and growing business. Unfortunately, it did not last long. In 1901, while investigating a gas leak in his new plant, he was blown to bits in a huge explosion. It took five days to find his body, and it was burned beyond recognition. His brother was able to identify him by the watch he was wearing, which was frozen to the exact second the explosion took place.
Just past the RR Bridge
Harmar is the oldest part of Marietta. The town was founded in 1788, but there was a fort just up the street from this spot, built in 1785. Soldiers were stationed there at the point to protect the land from illegal white settlement. On one hand, the land was protected by treaties with natives, however, many tribes of the time had joined with the British against the Revolutionary soldiers in order to protect their lands against further encroachment of settlers. This land was seen as the first step in American westward expansion, and it was sold to the highest bidder. The soldiers were here to keep the peace and to make sure that the land remained unsettled until the ‘rightful owners’ came to take possession of it. Three years later, in 1788, those owners arrived in the form of Rufus Putnam and the Ohio Company and established the settlement of Marietta on the eastern bank. As more and more people moved into the area, they had 3 places to settle down: Campus Martius stockade, Picketed Point, and the area around Fort Harmar. There seems to have been immediate competition between the eastern settlement and the western settlement. By 1837, west side residents were so fed up with their counterparts on the east side of the river that they voted to secede from Marietta. They established Harmar as an independent village. It always had its own identity, but now it also had its own charter, elected officials and post office.
The economic boom of the late 1880s put everyone in a better mood. Oil and natural gas had been discovered in the area, the population was growing, new businesses were springing up and the time seemed right to consider reconciliation. In 1890, the citizens of Harmar chose to rejoin Marietta. The measure carried by a slim ninety-vote margin.
Though quiet and charming now, with its brick streets, shops, restaurants, and historic buildings, it is easy to forget that this was once a bustling downtown area. Manufacturing, factories, trains and bustling storefronts filled all of Harmar. Though in competition for most of their existence, there is one thing that both sides of the city share. Just like the east side, the west side is full of ghosts.
Some of these ghosts are residual, meaning they exist only in a form of energy that creates a feeling of a place. It creates an atmosphere that you can still feel today. Just imagine all the things this spot has seen: conflicts with Native American tribes and the fear that was felt on both sides, the anger of disenfranchised pioneers as they dealt with surviving in a harsh landscape, and frustration with the town across the river. All of that feeling has seeped into the area through which we will walk tonight.
Life in the first settlement in the Northwest Territory had its setbacks. Apart from the very real danger of attack from Native American tribes, dying of illness and disease, or facing starvation, the very technologies that were created to make life easier sometimes is what ended life sooner. The first steamboat accident in the ‘west’ happened right here. Steamboat Washington exploded on the morning of June 5, 1816. It was a new boat, anchored off-shore, opposite Point Harmar. Seven persons lost their lives immediately, ten others were scalded. Newspapers at the time said that six of the victims were ‘nearly skinned from head to feet’ at the time of the accident, and six others died Wednesday night and were buried on Thursday. Among those badly scalded was a man called Notley Drown, but he recovered. However, 15 years later he was killed in a steamboat explosion at Wheeling in 1831. He was a resident of Harmar and captain of the Tri-Color steamboat, which killed him. It is not hard, when walking out near the river after dark, just as the mist starts to climb up the banks, to imagine the screams of the scalded voyagers of Steamboat Washington. If you linger here long enough, perhaps you will meet Notely Drown, a man who couldn’t avoid the call of the wild river, and eventually ended his life there.
Levi Barber House
One of the earliest deaths which occurred at the Muskingum settlement was that of an officer named Englehard Hopper, who belonged to the garrison at Fort Harmar. It is believed he died of illness. The grave remained a relic of the pioneer times until the winter of 1880-81, when the few crumbling bones contained within were removed to Oak Grove cemetery. The location of the grave was upon the line dividing the lots of Colonel Barber and the widow Pugh. A simple slab of sandstone marked the soldier’s resting place. The inscription, partly obliterated but still legible, reads; “Here lieth the body of Englehard Hopper, who departed this life November 21, 1788, aged twenty-four years.” A new marker now stands beside the old one, still the oldest gravestone in Marietta, and we encourage you to go find it in Oak Grove Cemetery.
Fort Harmar – Harmar School
And this is where Englehard Hopper once lived, worked and died. This is where Fort Harmar was built, in 1785. As I mentioned before, the fort’s first intention was to protect the Ohio Valley lands and native peoples from settlers who were overrunning the area in violation of treaties. After the new American government decided to expand West, this is where they looked. The new government needed money, and land was abundant and cheap. New treaties with the Native peoples had to be written.
The Treaty of Fort Harmar was signed in the council house right here 230 years ago on January 9, 1789. It was a contract between the U.S. government and several tribes of American Indians of the old Northwest Territory regarding ownership and occupancy of the land. This meeting included chiefs from the Wyandot, Delaware, Ottawa, Chippewa, Potawatomi and the Sauk tribes. You might realize I did not mention the Shawnee. The Shawnee had no interest in making a new treaty with the settlers and were understandingly hostile about newcomers in their territory. But dozens of native tribes did arrive for the negotiations and, at least for a while, were willing to work with the Ohio Company. Can you imagine the grand and solemn nature of this event, imagine the chiefs in full ceremonial dress distrustfully eyeing the soldiers standing with their guns? The young native warriors ready to attack if necessary? It must have been an incredibly tense situation.
The attending tribal members hoped that a reservation would be established for them on the land west of Muskingum River and north of the Ohio River, basically where we are standing today. This had long been their tribal lands, though claimed by the British. Instead, the treaty forced the tribes out of the entire area. They were confined to the western corner of modern day Ohio. The treaty naturally did not stop the violence between native tribes and the new immigrants. The militia quartered in Fort Harmar, once the protectors of the land from white settlement, were then sent out in battle against the tribes. The Ohio Indian Wars lasted until 1795, after many battles and bloodshed. The tribal nations then had to retreat to the northwestern corner of Ohio, but for the next 50 years there was continued violence between natives and pioneers. In 1843, the last large group of Native peoples in Ohio had been made to give up their land and move further West.
That is the legacy of the land we now stand on. It is almost providential that what has stood on this land for many years is now Harmar School. Only through education and the teaching of history can we learn compassion, and to never repeat the errors of those who came before us.
Just outside the playground
Fort Harmar was torn down gradually, with the wood making up the fort used for many other buildings in town. You may notice that the street there is named ‘Market Street’. After the Fort, a large market stood here, where farmers would gather to sell their merchandise. This area was called the ‘Commons’ with a large market house in the center, and a fence surrounding the grounds. This was to keep out the cows that roamed the yards and dirt streets at the time.
The first school in Harmar was erected in 1840 and called ‘The Academy’ and was just a couple blocks away at the corner of Maple and Franklin Street. By 1849, the building was so crowded that the second and third grades were moved into the Market House here on the Commons. It was a frame structure, with one long room downstairs and one upstairs. In 1890, the old schoolhouse burned to the ground and the Commons was selected as the location for the new school building. The old Market House was moved away (and indeed was washed away in the 1913 flood) and a new school building was opened in 1893.
The current school was built in 1953. While they were digging the foundation for the new school, a man’s skeleton was found. It is unclear if the skeleton was from a native, a soldier, or a later pioneer. School staff have reported feeling watched and uncomfortable in the basement, not knowing that there very well may be other bodies buried on the premises that are yet unfound.
Two teachers were working late one night, setting up the next day’s events, when suddenly they got the feeling like they weren’t alone. They looked up at each other, sensing it at the same time, and then they heard the toilet flush in the bathroom across the hall. They went to look, but there was no one there that they could see. In the same bathroom, a student reported a strange experience as well. She was minding her own business using the restroom, when she heard the door open and someone walk in. It sounded like the person was big, and wearing very heavy boots. The footsteps came stomping into the bathroom, startling her, but what scared her more was that they just stopped and no other sound was heard. She quickly finished up, and peeked out the stall door. No one was there but she still felt the presence of someone. She never heard anyone leave, and was so afraid and confused by the experience that she immediately called home to tell her family about it.
The Fearing family were early settlers to Marietta. They made their mark on the community by service: Paul Fearing, a Harvard law graduate, came to Marietta in May of 1788 and practiced law at Fort Harmar. He was the first lawyer in the Northwest Territory. His son, Henry, built this two-story brick house in 1847, right across from the fort where his father first practiced law. Henry Fearing was a businessman, and had many interests: from developing property, investments and steamboats. He was a supporter of the Women’s Home that was built in 1885 in Marietta, and was an advocate for Temperance. In addition, he was a Trustee of Harmar Academy. The family also has national ties. His daughter Carolyn was the mother-in-law of Vice President Charles G. Dawes of Marietta. One of Henry’s sons, Benjamin, was one of 5 Civil War generals from Washington County. Henry Fearing lived here until his death in 1894.
In 1974, the Washington County Historical Society purchased the house and underwent a long restoration. It was dedicated as a museum in 1983. You can visit here on Saturday afternoons, and learn what it was like to be a Fearing, and what lifestyle was like for the middle class in the Victorian Era.
Ghost stories about the Fearing House have been kept under lock and key. For many years, it was considered ‘bad taste’ to talk about ghosts in historic places. As the history world has come to recognize that people enjoy both the history and the ghost stories, that attitude as changed. We were lucky enough to be granted access to the house for private paranormal investigation. What we discovered there was phenomenal! Not only are the previous occupants still there, they are living large and still hold fast to their beliefs. Remember, a son of this family fought in the Civil War for the Union, and the daughter’s son-in-law served as Vice President.
In the parlor of the house, we had an extraordinary experience. We started talking about music, and our equipment lit up any time we went near one of the US flags that hangs in the house. We asked if we could play them a song. Suddenly all the equipment in the room lit up excitedly. We started listing hymns that we might play, and got no reaction. When we asked about the national anthem, once again all the devices started to light up. So we played the Star Spangled Banner and during the entire song, the lights remained lit. When the song stopped, the lights faded away. We asked if we should play it again. One by one, each light lit up again. We played the song, and every light stayed on until the song finished.
The Fearing family believed in supporting women and freedom for African Americans. Not only did they support their beliefs in words and with their hard earned money, but they fought and bled for it, and were true patriots in every sense of the word. They remain so to this day.
(Walking past the Toy & Doll Museum, encourage people to visit the museum. The staff are ghost friendly but have never had anything happen in the house)
Cut through alley beside trains and Head to Maple Street
After the Civil War, oil and gas production turned Marietta into a boom town and suddenly transient railroaders, steamboat workers and oilmen became a huge and important source of income for many businesses. Hotels sprang up to house them, the number of restaurants and saloons doubled and tripled, and of course women of an independent mindset from ‘virtuous’ Victorian women soon arrived to entertain the men as well.
This little street in particular was known for its rough and tumble nature, and to give you a feel of it, I want to tell you a story about the Brawling Bawds.
In 1866 the local newspaper reported an event that was evidently entertaining to the townsfolk, but by no means a rare occurrence. Ladies of the Night Kate King and Mary McCoy, started their fight out in the street with brickbats, before chasing each other into Gerkin’s Grocery Store (once located on the corner of Gilman and Fort Street). Once inside, Mary brandished a large knife and struck out at anyone getting in the way. Kate immediately pulled a revolver from her stockings and stated she would make daylight shine through Mary’s carcass “if she didn’t mind her manners”. Seeing she was at a disadvantage, Mary slowly backed down and the situation eased, for the time being.
Harmar is filled with stories like that one, rough people dealing with the rough hand that was dealt them. That energy continues to exist on this side of the river even today.
109 Maple Street: Let’s talk about the Maple Street Café (Old Soda Pop Museum)
To illustrate further the atmosphere that prevailed on Maple Street in the early 1900s, let’s talk about the history of this building. Now renovated and for sale, with a large storefront space on the bottom, and three nice apartments upstairs, in the early 1900s the second floor was a seedy boardinghouse. Tiny sleeping rooms lined a long, narrow hallway and many tenants were railroad workers.
One newspaper described Harmar as the place where people made their money, and they spent it in Marietta. There were many ways to make money in Harmar in those days, from mill work, to manufacturing, to railroad labor, and of course, women’s oldest profession was also practiced here. By the 1940s, prostitutes had moved in and they operated out of the premises for several decades.
The storefront during that time was a beer joint called the Maple Café. On Sunday mornings, the neighborhood kids got up at the crack of dawn and rushed to Maple Street to scoop up the coins and bills that the drunks had dropped the night before as they staggered home. In addition to the loose change and loose morals, the brick sidewalks were always littered with teeth, fistfights and brawls being an essential part of the Maple Café experience.
There have been paranormal encounters in the Maple Street building for decades. Former tenants of the storefront reported hearing a weird, echoing hammering noise upstairs. It happened while the building was undergoing renovations but always after the workers had left for the day. We learned that a railroad carpenter died in one of the small second-floor rooms in the early 1900s, and at least one resident thought that his spirit might be the culprit. When the storefront became the Soda Museum some years back, the owner had to remodel it to accommodate his collection. He also had the second-floor apartments spruced up. Each afternoon, the workers dropped their tools and left them wherever they happened to be when quitting time rolled around: in the bedrooms, hallway, bathroom, or on the stairs. Yet each morning, when they returned, they found all their tools together, carefully lined up, arranged according to size and function. The old railroad worker is still industrious, even in his afterlife!
There is a theory that renovating old buildings stirs up dormant paranormal energy. This certainly seems to be a factor at the old Maple Street Café, but there may be more to the story. If the spirit really was a carpenter in life, the affinity he feels for the trade may be what is drawing him out. Or he may have just wanted to be one of the guys.
123 Maple: Bosworth House
Harmar’s history is not all sordid stories of houses of ill repute and bar fights. Harmar also housed some of the settlement’s most prestigious, hardworking and respected families.
The Bosworth Family arrived in Washington County in 1816. Among the many children were Sala Bosworthm who became a well known artist, and Daniel P Bosworth (of the Bosworth- Biszantz House on 3rd Street), who became a successful businessman (if anyone asks, he co-owned one of the largest businesses in town, The Bosworth & Wells Co. on Front Street). And then, there’s Charles.
Charles was a riverboat captain, who learned the life of boats and rivers while growing up in the area. He spent most of his days in the many boatyards that lined the Muskingum River. While this was a great gig for a single young man, it would prove troublesome for the family man he grew to become.
In 1829 Charles married his second wife Frances, and they began to build their home in Harmar. Completed in 1831 (Greek Revival style) likely had a clear view all the way to the Muskingum River. They ended up having a large family: two daughters from Charles’ first marriage and then 5 more children of their own.
Sadly his family spent more time in the home than he did. His life as a riverboat captain meant his days at home were few and far between. Letters written to his wife and family often hinted that he missed them dearly, but financial woes kept him devoted to a career he’d grown weary of.
In 1841 he’d come home again because his daughter Emma was ill. The couple was so excited to be reunited, they conceived a child Charles would never come to meet. On his last trip on the Mississippi river he developed yellow fever, and never recovered. He passed in September of 1841, in Memphis. The following March, Frances delivered a son and named him after his late father. Left supporting their sizable family, she had no choice but to eventually sell their family home.
It’s easy to imagine the family joyously awaiting their patriarch, and the heartbreak at hearing of his death. With such a broad spectrum of memories, it’s no surprise this place developed a haunted reputation. Later owners of the home reported footsteps on the second floor, day and night. And many mornings they would wake to smell bacon cooking, while no one had been up cooking it. At times pipe smoke can be smelled, which is gone as soon as it is noticed. Is all of this residual energy, of a warm family home? Or can we hope that the family, robbed of a long life together, has been reunited in their afterlives?
The Quilt Shop
This cute little building on the corner is one of the most active haunted places on our tour. Strange things happen regularly here, and if you stop in when they are open they are more than happy to share their experiences with you. A husband and wife operate the quilt shop as tenants, and the wife, named Ginny, once lived upstairs in the apartment as well. She has had a range of experiences here. Her husband was a skeptic until he saw for his own eyes and now he is definitely a believer! Things will fly off the shelves that she has neatly stacked, and land in the middle of the room. If she stays too late the lights will flicker on and off, warning her that it is time to go! When she lived in the apartment, she would hear the sound of footsteps walking around regularly. There would be knocks on the door of the apartment when everything was locked up tight. After feeling uneasy for a while, she finally told the spirit that it is ok if it is there, but they need to be able to share the space. Once she said that, she felt much less threatened and now she is fond of the ghost sharing her space. She has yet to see a figure, so we don’t know if the entity is male or female. What is interesting is how active the place is! In haunted places, activity can range from daily to very rare. In this building, it seems to like attention and to let people know that they are still in charge. This spirit must have been quite a character in life. Even during our interviews for this tour, we experienced a decoration fly off the shelf on which it had been sitting nicely.
The building was built in 1900 and known as the Buchanan building. On the second floor there has been many different things: a dentist office, an art gallery, a law office, and more. The first floor operated as a grocery store for many years. The entity clearly still sees the building as its own, whether it lived or worked here, and whether the spirit died here we just don’t know yet. We are still doing research into the history of this building to see what may be causing the activity here, but it does seem like it is willing to ‘live and let live’ as long as you set a few boundaries.
This building, since 1947, has been known as the Busy Bee. Since its opening, this company has held the hearts of this town by filling their stomachs with its homemade food and local recipes. Today, Mr. Larry Sloter has brought the beloved ‘quintessential neighborhood diner’ back to life. He took the idea of a local diner and raised it to a whole different level. All of the food created here is made in-house via 30 local suppliers.
The building itself also has a fascinating history. It was built around 1888 by George Storck. Storck built this building to be his confectionary, bakery, and ice cream parlor. Through various members of the Storck family, the business ran until 1940 when the last owner retired. The Busy Bee moved in in 1947 and has been owned by many people throughout the years. Harry and Lily Roberts were prominent owners of the Busy Bee, and they were the ones who gave it a great reputation for many years, a legacy which continues under the new ownership today. Harry Roberts passed away in 1994 but it is believed by many of the current and past staff that he is still in the building.
On more than one occasion, thuds or footsteps can be heard on the upper floor when no one is upstairs. Staff have experienced doors opening and shutting as if someone invisible just walked through it. Water will run in the faucets when no dishes need to be washed, and it very much feels as if the staff are not alone in the early hours when they arrive for work. Is this Harry still going about his business? Does he even realize he’s passed on? He and his wife built this business into a popular local hangout and I think he is still here, visiting with his friends and making sure his patrons are still having the time of their lives…or afterlives.
Harmar Tavern – 205 Maple Street
This place has been in operation as a saloon since 1900. Let that sink in. Before WWII, before WWI, before the Titanic sunk, this place has been serving food and booze for 119 years. That’s amazing! Of course a place in continuous operation for that long would harbor a few resident ghosts! According to staff, at night after they have cleaned up for the evening, putting all the bar stools on the counter and turning off the lights, they will go into the back to continue cleaning up. Walking back into the main dining area, they will be astonished to find the chairs in disarray and the barstools back down on the ground, situated as if people were still using them! Dishrags are whipped out of hands, lights go on and off by themselves and at least one lingering spirit still likes to make an appearance.
A woman dressed in an old-fashioned black working dress has been seen by patrons and staff alike, standing in the corner of the room, watching. She doesn’t seem friendly or unfriendly, just observing what is going on. Local lore has told us that for many years in the early 1900s, the upstairs part of the building housed a very popular brothel. Perhaps the woman seen is the Madame of the establishment, looking for interested clients to take upstairs.
On the way to Franklin Street, we will pass by the corner of Maple and Franklin. This was a VERY important corner in Harmar’s Past. The odd little building that looks like a garage or a gas station was where the Harmar Town Hall was. It was originally built as a school house but when Harmar seceded from Marietta is served a much more important function. It was not much bigger than the building there today. It also served as the first place of meeting for the Congregational Church, and Harmar’s fire station.
Across the street is the Congregational Church that was built when the congregation became too large for Town Hall in 1847.
Empty lot across from the church was the location of the first School: Harmar Academy. At midnight on Dec 31, 1890 and Jan 1, 1891, the old school building on Franklin Street burned to the ground. The building had recently been cleaned and scrubbed, and hot fires were left at night to dry the floors when the woodwork caught fire.
Pfaff Brothers Grocery - 330 Franklin Street
If you had lived in this neighborhood in April of 1912, you may well have bumped into one of Marietta’s industrious immigrant families. Mr. and Mrs. Pfaff were originally from Germany, with their 10 children born here in this town. The family owned all sorts of businesses, the most successful being the Pfaff Bakery operated for 81 years at 112 Putnam Street. Two other sons of the Pfaff family owned Pfaff Brothers Grocery, and the building still stands today. If you lived here in 1912, it would have been a common sight to see Mrs. Christina Pfaff, mother of all these children, still active and running around loving and supporting her many sons, daughters and grandchildren. Unfortunately, at 68 years of age it all seems to have caught up to her. She lived at 320 Franklin Street, which would’ve been very near her hard-working sons running the grocery store. We know that one the fateful day of her death, she walked down to the grocery store and was feeling quite well. But by 1pm, she was suddenly taken ill and died in bed a day later.
There is nothing unusual about this death, but it illustrates very clearly something that we hear quite frequently. Many times, people will contact us to learn the history of their homes or businesses because they believe it is haunted. They say ‘my house cannot be haunted! It is only 10 years old!’ But the history of the land often goes much further back. On this tour we have already seen 2 skeletons uncovered at unexpected locations. We have learned of families experiencing much hardship and trauma, and that energy lives on in the walls of the buildings, and in the very ground itself. A spirit is not necessarily confined to a building, and we have run into multiple houses being haunted by a spirit that died a few houses down. Spirits are drawn to happy, active, living energy. And it doesn’t take a strange death to produce a haunting. A death like Mrs. Pfaff, caught so suddenly and unexpectedly by illness, may produce a spirit who is lost and confused, and may not even realize that it has passed on. We do not talk about private homes on our tours unless we have express permission, so we will say that somewhere on this block is a home or homes that experiences quite a bit of activity. And just because a place experiences activity, does not mean that activity is threatening or malicious.
The inhabitants of the home have experienced all the classic signs of haunting: footsteps walking around at night, a creepy atmosphere that makes you feel as if someone is watching you, lights turning on and off at random times. But one resident had an experience that made her appreciate the spirit very much. Prior to moving in to the house, the woman had lost a handkerchief that she greatly prized. After living in the house for some years, the handkerchief turned up in her dresser drawer. Astonished, she picked it up and ran downstairs to show her family. They could not believe it, and when they went bounding back upstairs to see where she had found it, they found ANOTHER one sitting in the same place! Somehow, this kind spirit managed to produce 2 handkerchiefs for the current resident of the house. Now we don’t know if the spirit that haunts the house is Mrs. Pfaff. We hope that as she died surrounded by her loving family that she was able to move on. But her story illustrates the myriad of options these homes have for spirits. When most people died in their bedrooms and had their funeral in the best room of the house, it wouldn’t be surprising if one or two managed to linger behind and continue to interact with those now living in ‘their space’.
That is the Anchorage mansion, one of the most haunted locations in all of Marietta. It was built in 1859 by the richest man in Marietta, and his life was filled with much love and success, but also much tragedy as his beloved wife died in the home 3 years after it was built. Later on, the house became a nursing facility and was the final home of many of Marietta’s senior citizens. The Anchorage has had a haunted reputation for years, with many apparitions heard and seen regularly. The mansion is, naturally, where we have our shop, and we run tours of the building on Fridays and Saturdays. On Friday nights at 10pm, right after this tour, we have a special, one-hour Flashlight tour. All the lights in the house will be turned off, and you will be given an extra creepy tour about the history and hauntings of the house.
Ghost Trek participants save $5 on Flashlight tours, and we invite you to join us there now. If you are unable to join us tonight, we are so pleased that you attended our brand new Harmar Ghost Trek! We have a research team that is always digging into the history of our town and the information on our tours is regularly updated and changed. We invite you to join us again to see what we continue to uncover about the hidden history of Marietta and Harmar Village. You have been a delight! Those of you interested in the Flashlight tour of the Anchorage, join me for more details. Have a spooky rest of your night!